BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
Always Together, Together Always

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Caitlynn's New Room


     I was putting things away today in Caitlynn's room. I stopped to really look at some charcoal drawings that Caitlynn had done in art class that were hanging on her wall. They are really good. I got an idea that made me really excited. So I instantly started moving bedrooms around. I put Tierney in Caitlynn's room up stairs and Caitlynn in Tierney's room downstairs. I had to make the change in order to make my idea come to fruition. Caitlynn's room upstairs has paneling and Tierney's room downstairs has plaster and lath. (paint-able) When Caitlynn got home from school she was not real thrilled to see that her room was no longer upstairs, until I told her of my idea. 
     I am going to let Caitlynn go to town on her walls, her dresser, head board, and book shelf. She can do what ever she wants on her walls and furniture, but I told her my idea. She has black and white charcoal drawings and black and white bedding. I told her that I think it would be cool to paint the wall all white and the trim all black. then she should hang her pictures on the wall and paint frames around them with the black. Then all over the wall she should paint cool designs with the black. She said she likes the idea and will probably do it, at least the frame idea she said she will do. I am excited to see what she comes up with. She shows a real artistic ability and I think when given free rein she will have a really cool room.

0 comments: